A blog about fibre, wine, and all things cozy.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Project Spectrum Red

I stumbled upon a group over on Ravelry called Project Spectrum.  It's a group that has dedicated each month to a different colour.  I loved this concept instantly.  Really, what fibre person doesn't love colour? I decided I had to play along.  This months colours are Red & Orange.
So off I went and since I am incapable of being separated from my phone, it means I always have my camera with me.  I didn't think much of the whole thing as I left, but very quickly after walking out of my house I realized that the idea of looking for colour was having a huge impact on me.  I was seeing red and orange everywhere!  I was seeing colour everywhere!  I mean really seeing it.  I had to stop myself from taking pictures every 10 seconds.  I think that as many of us do, we become so familiar with our regular surroundings that we stop noticing just how pretty and interesting they are.  But not yesterday.
So, here are a few of the things I snapped yesterday.



These are oranges!

And not leave the knitting completely out of this post


This last one isn't from yesterday, but I had to include it.


This was a lot of fun and I have already set up files on my computer for the rest of the colours.  I am dedicating Thursdays to colour.  Next week there's more red and orange coming your way.

3 comments:

  1. I never knew I had so much red in the house and round me until I started actually looking for Red...wow....thanks for telling me about the blog theme..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wine, so enjoyed the picture of the red labels! Too early to open one I guess...will go refill my coffee cup instead; but plan to swing by say around 4....with my empty glass. lol

    The red yarn at the end of your post is yummy...I can feel it

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have just stummbled across this too, not quite sure how i am going to do mine yet, but very excited anyway :)...thanks for commenting on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete