A blog about fibre, wine, and all things cozy.

Friday, May 20, 2011

FO Friday (Almost)


So it's almost a Finished Object Friday.   I say almost because there is blocking and edging that need to be done still, but the knitting is finished and I just can't wait to show it off.

I present to you a knitting complete Urbana!!!!!!

It's so big that I couldn't fit it in the picture.  I'm not sure how long it is yet.  I will measure it after I am done blocking it.  That will have to wait until tomorrow as we are having friends up tonight and the only space that is large enough for me to block it in is the living room and I don't want people to have to step over it!  The original pattern called for a key hole which I omitted due to the size of the finished object.  But, the knitting is finally finished and I am very happy with it.  
Better photos to follow after the blocking is complete.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing Urbana! I just took a look at the pattern on Ravelry and see how much knitting it involves -- wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Urbana is beautiful! It is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, almost finished totally counts. But I'm looking forward to seeing it with edging so I hope you share it on another FO Friday. Stephen West is so creative, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for agreeing with me. And I will defiantly share it again when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could see more detail in the photo but WOW that is big! I can't wait to see the blocked and edged version. :) Do you have any idea how big it is (and how big it will be)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness that is huge - it looks lovely, from what I can see in the picture! It is a gorgeous colour! I think we need some action shots ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the color and I agree with other posters almost totally counts.

    ReplyDelete