A blog about fibre, wine, and all things cozy.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Perfect Pairing

The perfect pairing of wine and cheese produces a glorious experience for the lucky recipient.  So too does the perfect pairing of yarn and pattern.  I achieved that this week when I paired Stephen West's Boneyard Shawl with Indigodragonfly's 100% Merino yarn in the colourway Grrrr....Arrrrrrgh.  (That's a Buffy the Vampire Slayer inspired colourway.) 

The pattern is a simple garter stitch shawl that is wonderful to knit and beautifully shows off the yarn that is being used.  The colourway has subtle colour changes that complement the pattern without overpowering it. 














 The result is a peice of knitting that I am truly happy with and can't wait to wear and show off.  If all my final products pleased me this much, I would be a much happier knitter indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment