A blog about fibre, wine, and all things cozy.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesdays

This subject will never, ever, be a problem for me.........I have many WIPS.  But I have decided to focus on only two for at least the rest of this week.  Fortunately  it is my legs that are sore after my gym workout yesterday, and that gives me a good excuse to sit and knit more tonight.

The first is the Age of Brass and Steel shawl that will be a Christmas gift for my DH's Nan.  This is a huge relief for me as I never seem to know what to make our Grandmothers.

The second is a pair of socks for me.  The pattern is Falling Leaves. They are my first ever toe ups, and they may also be my last as I do not enjoy the heel/toe instructions at all.  The pattern is well written and clear, I just don't like it.  I will however finish them, because the rest of the pattern it really pretty.

Hopefully one of these will be in a Finished Objects Friday very soon.

4 comments:

  1. I have had the Falling Leaves pattern on my "to knit" list for ages! If I could just plow my way through more of my WIPs I might let myself cast on for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shawl. I never know which WIPs to include LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto on the shawl, I bet she'll love it! And besides, grandparents and shawls just go together like peanut butter and jelly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I'm sure she will love the shawl!

    ReplyDelete