A blog about fibre, wine, and all things cozy.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

OMG!

So I opened up my blog to check on something in the design tab and noticed another little tab labelled Stats and decided to click on it. What I saw shocked me. People, people I know, other than my Husband and parents have actually taken the time to read my blog. People I know, like, and respect, have been here poking around. Some of you more then once. I have to admit that I was, and still am, a little dumbfounded by this. My next thought was, “oh shit. Here I am rambling about whatever the hell is going on in my head and I haven't been really paying that much attention to grammar and now people are reading my grammatically incorrect craziness about nothing, and.................” I think you get the point.
My next thought was, “well you did put this up on the internet. It was inevitable that someone, somewhere, at some point, might actually stumble upon this and take the time to read it. AND you did add this to Ravelry home page. Lots of people you know go there and see your knitting. There is a link there!!!” Still, it never occurred to me that friends might read it. Strangers, that I was prepared for. Friends, not so much.

With that thought in mind, I feel the need to explain. After giving it a lot of thought, well over a years worth, I decided to start this blog. I has been started with he intention of getting my lazy self back into writing. There was a time when I did a lot of writing. I wrote my first “story” when I was very young and even did my own illustrations. (That's how I know I was really young. If you know me well, you know I can't draw. I would never ever have the nerve to do that as an adult.) By the age of 13, I was convinced I was going to grow up and have a least one published novel. There have been a few short stories over the years, but certainly nothing novel worthy. And as the years have passed, I write less and less. Partly because I seem to be way busier in my life and partly because now I leave the house with my knitting instead of my notebook. This is not a complaint, just a fact. I thought that a blog might force me to have some accountability and even if it is just a ramble a week, at least it's a little writing again.
So there you have it. The reason for all this. If you do take the time to read it, I hope you enjoy it, and I will try to pay a little more attention to my grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment